If you were hoping to get your hands on the Phantasm Collection, you’re going to be waiting a bit longer. The set will see release on Blu-ray come April 11th.
While the delay stings, it may just end up being worth it.
Here’s some valuable 411 about the release.
The six-disc box set is bursting with new bonus features, plus a 120-page retrospective book & reversible poster.
Check out some more bonus supplements included in this set:
Disc 1: PHANTASM
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Don Coscarelli, co-producer Paul Pepperman and visual consultant Roberto Quezada
- Additional home movie footage
Disc 3: PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD
- “Balls of Steel: Bob Ivy’s Stunt for the Ages – The Phantasm III Car Stunt” – This featurette shows the planning and behind-the-scenes footage of the dangerous stunt performed in the film and includes recently rediscovered material.
- “It’s Never Over: The Making of PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD” – This featurette includes interviews with Don Coscarelli, A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury,
- Gloria Lynn Henry, Stuntman Bob Ivy, director of photography Christopher Chomyn, composer/sound designer Christopher L. Stone, sphere designer/mechanical effects artist Kerry Prior, special makeup effects designer Dean Gates and Production Assistant Kristen Deem.
- Audio Commentary with writer/director Don Coscarelli and editor Norman Buckley
- Behind the Scenes Compilation
Disc 4: PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION
- “Death is No Escape: The Making of PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION” – This featurette includes interviews with Don Coscarelli, A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Bill Thornbury,
- special makeup effects artist Gigi Bannister, stunt co-ordinator/actor Bob Ivy, director of photography Christopher Chomyn, composer/sound designer Christopher L. Stone, sphere designer/mechanical effects designer Kerry Prior, cameraman Justin Zaharczuk and special makeup effects artist Robert Kurtzman.
- Behind the Scenes Compilation
- Phantasm sequels Conceptual Art Gallery by Justin Zaharczuk
Disc 5: PHANTASM V: RAVAGER
- “The Making of PHANTASM V: RAVAGER” featurette
- Interview with actor A. Michael Baldwin
- Interview with actress Kat Lester
- Interview with actor Stephan Jutras
- Behind the Scenes Promo with Angus Scrimm Tribute
- Phantasm V Red Credit Sequence
Disc 6: BONUS DISC
- “Phantasm and You” – a comic recap of the first 4 films by PHANTASM V: RAVAGER director David Hartman
- Flashback Weekend Chicago Convention Panel Discussion (2008)
- Flashback Weekend Chicago Convention Cast Panel (2014)
- Flashback Weekend concert performance by Kat Lester
- 2016 Fantastic Fest Premiere and Q&A
Here’s a bit of additional info from the official press release:
Well Go USA Entertainment announced today the all-new bonus materials included in the upcoming THE PHANTASM COLLECTION, scheduled to release in a limited edition, six-disc Blu-ray™ box set on April 11. In addition to the previously released archival material included in the box set, Phantasm creator Don Coscarelli has produced hours of never-before-seen material, featuring new interviews with cast and filmmakers, as well as rare archival materials.
“Well Go USA has done an outstanding job in curating the ultimate Phantasm collection. This terrific new release rivals the best Blu-ray box sets ever in its size and depth,” said Don Coscarelli. “I am so excited to share these never-before-seen features with our devoted fans, who will now be able to witness just how the Phantasm films were created in this stunning high-definition presentation.”
“This box set is the answer to every Phantasm fan’s prayers,” said Doris Pfardrescher, President & CEO,
Well Go USA Entertainment. “The filmmakers have gone above and beyond in order to create the most immersive Phantasm experience possible in one comprehensive box set.”
One of the world’s most popular franchises in the history of horror, the Phantasm film series has terrified fans for generations and this new box set features all five frightening films in the series – PHANTASM: REMASTERED (1979), PHANTASM II (1988), PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD (1994), PHANTASM IV: OBLIVION (1998) and the most recent installment PHANTASM: RAVAGER (2016). Packaging on all five films in the collection will feature reversible sleeve art, with one side highlighting the original packaging and the reverse showing new artwork uniform exclusive to the collection. In addition, the discs themselves will be BD50, which allow for less compression and a higher quality audio, as well as more space for the extensive bonus materials.
Also included with the collection is Phantasm Compendium, a 120-page book featuring exclusive interviews and rare, behind-the-scenes photos chronicling the history and impact of the franchise, plus a 21” x 27” reversible poster featuring the iconic original theatrical artwork.